Ductless AC Maintenance
We strongly believe in the importance of AC maintenance in preventing repairs and improving efficiency, comfort, and the longevity of equipment. Maintenance can prevent dust and debris from accumulating in the unit and causing damage, reduce wear and tear, and lower energy bills. It also lets us find minor problems to fix and can avoid premature replacement. A small investment in maintenance can save you money over time.
Ductless AC Benefits
A mini-split air conditioner consists of an outdoor compressor/condenser and an indoor air handler, similar to a traditional central AC system. However, it offers many benefits that other HVAC equipment doesn’t. These include:
- Quick Installation: Indoor units are mounted on a wall or ceiling, while a conduit connects indoor and outdoor components through a 3-inch-diameter hole in an exterior wall
- Cost Efficient: Mini-splits use less power and deliver conditioned air directly into a room. You can even install multiple evaporator units to create zoned heating or cooling.
- Saves Space: No bulky ductwork is required, and mini-split air conditioners are relatively compact. Wall-mounted units can blend in with your decor, while some models are installed as ceiling cassettes.
- Improve Air Quality: Ductless mini-splits eliminate ductwork where dust, debris, and various other pollutants can accumulate and re-circulate into your home. Mini-split units also integrate a multi-layer filtration system and are effective dehumidifiers.
- Easy to Maintain: To keep the system in top shape, clean the filters, make sure the vents are clear and remove clutter from near the outdoor unit. Schedule annual inspections so an AC contractor can clean the system and make minor repairs if necessary.