At Grasshopper Heating & Cooling, we’re proud to offer the HALO 5 and HALO H2 Zero, which are highly effective whole-home water filtration systems. Which one is more effective for you depends on the needs of your home. We’ll provide a detailed look at both to help you decide which one to install.
What Is the H2 Zero?
The H2 Zero is a two-tank water filtration system that requires no electricity or maintenance. Its two-tank system is available in two combinations: Carbon/ION and Carbon/Proprietary Scale Media. Here is how the tank configuration works:
- Tank 1: High Activity Carbon (HAC) is used to reduce the chlorine content in water. It also freshens water of a wide range of pH levels, leaving water with no undesirable tastes or odors. Both filter media options are available for Tank 1.
- Tank 2: The second tank features the HALO ION proprietary water conditioner that generates multi-reversing polarity permanent magnetic fields. These alter the molecular structure of dissolved calcium and magnesium ions so they remain suspended rather than collect as limescale in pipes and appliances. Tank 2 also comes with a no-salt scale media option.
The H2 Zero is fully self-contained and creates no waste. There is also no backwash, which helps to conserve water. In addition, the system is available in 10 GPM and 14 GPM models. It also includes a 10-year warranty on the HALO HAC/KDF55 media and ION conditioner magnetic field. Scale media is covered under a 5-year warranty.
What Is the HALO 5?
A single tank product, the HALO 5 Whole House Water Filtration and Conditioning System removes a wide range of contaminants. It can prevent mineral scale buildup, dissolve existing scales, and inhibit corrosion. A variety of filtration technologies are used to improve the quality of water.
The system’s five-stage treatment process is as follows:
- Stage 1 – Granular Activated Carbon: Removes chlorine, organic contamination, pesticides, volatile organic compounds, odors, and some heavy metals.
- Stage 2 – Centaur High Activity Carbon: Removes chlorine/chloramine, foul tastes, and odors.
- Stage 3 – Filter AG Plus: Can remove suspended particles as small as 5 microns.
- Stage 4 – High-Density Garnet Filter Media: Removes fine particles via a high-hardness, high-density granular filtration media. It also stabilizes the media bed during backwashing.
- Stage 5 – ION Water Conditioner: A magnetic water conditioner alters the chemical structure of calcium, magnesium, and other hard water minerals, keeping them suspended.
The HALO 5 also features a weekly 10-minute regeneration cycle that cleans the filter media. It’s also available in four different sizes with 1,000,000-, 1,500,000-, 2,000,000-, and 3,000,000-gallon lifespans. The system includes a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Should I Install a HALO 5 or H2 Zero?
Both models are highly effective. The H2 Zero is great for removing hard water minerals and chlorine. It is energy efficient (uses no electricity) and is a compact 63 to 65 inches high. The HALO 5 ranges from 61 to 74 inches high and has automatic regeneration cycles. It’s also salt-free, easy to install, and requires little maintenance. However, a key benefit is the wide range of contaminants it can remove.
The ideal whole-home water filtration system depends on:
- The types of contaminants present in your water
- The space available to install the unit
- The amount of water used by your household
- The type of warranty coverage you’re comfortable with
- The options available to suit your needs
Contact Grasshopper Heating & Cooling
Our water filtration system professionals specialize in the HALO 5, H2 Zero, and other advanced HALO products. Other filtration systems, including those that use ultraviolet (UV) light to kill microorganisms, are also available. To learn more about options for your Clifton Park, NY, home and to schedule an in-home evaluation, free estimate, and whole-home water filtration installation, call (518) 241-1642 today.